What Does LTO Stand For In Batteries?MAY.28,2021
How to repair the lithium battery?APR.15,2021
What are the common classifications of power lithium batteries?JAN.05,2021
Which ternary lithium ion battery or iron phosphate lithium ion battery has a longer life?DEC.23,2020
What are the advantages of lithium iron phosphate batteries compared with traditional lead-acid batteries?DEC.17,2020
What is the difference between 18650 battery and soft pack lithium ion batteryDEC.03,2020
Kan Li-ion-batteri erstatte bly-syre batteri direkte?NOV.27,2020
What factors will affect the safety of lithium batteriesNOV.11,2020
What are the advantages of lithium battery energy storageNOV.05,2020
How to charge electric bicycle batteryOCT.29,2020
Hefei Hongye Lithium Energy Science＆Technology Co. Ltd.
Business phone number:
+86 0551 66105045
NO.33 Qiuju Road . High-tech zone . Hefei.Anhui.China
In recent years, new energy vehicles have gradually become the choice of people to buy cars, but with that comes the issue of battery life of new energy vehicles. Today we will talk about how long the new energy vehicle battery can last? What factors will affect the life of lithium batteries?
How long can new energy batteries last?
First of all, it needs to be clear that the service life of a new energy vehicle power battery is generally not measured by time, but the number of cycles. Since it is a cycle, there must be different charging points and power points when charging is terminated. If it is a deep charge and discharge, that is, a 0-100% cycle, then an experimental data will be obtained. Generally speaking, the lithium iron phosphate battery can be cycled about 2000 times, while the current ternary lithium battery can generally be cycled about 1400 times.
At present, lithium batteries are most commonly used in new energy electric vehicles, with a service life of about 6 to 10 years. The service life of the battery is directly related to the operation method. If the battery is discharged for a long time with a large current, or if the battery is often lost, the service life will be reduced. Usually, it is best to charge it in time when the battery is 30% remaining. Relevant regulations also require passenger car manufacturers to provide 8 years or more than 120,000 kilometers of warranty for their core components such as batteries and motors.
The discharge current of the lead-acid battery is small, the model does not run fast, the fastest speed is about 60 kilometers, the life is short, and the cycle must be replaced in about 3 years. The advantages are: low production threshold, low price, lower requirements for protection circuits and equalization circuits, and basic manual workshops can be produced. Disadvantages: slow speed, low power, short life.
The warranty period of a new car is generally three years or more than 100,000 kilometers, and the life of the car battery is about 3 years. After this period, the car should pay special attention to the maintenance of the battery. If necessary, replace the battery in time to avoid danger . If during this period, the battery has a large number of power supplies, a large load, and a long time of use, the life may be shorter. Many of the batteries in new cars are used for 3-4 years, but after replacing them once, they usually need to be replaced again in about 2 years.
What factors will affect the life of lithium batteries?
1. Under normal circumstances, do not mix lithium batteries with metal objects, lest the metal objects touch the positive and negative electrodes of the lithium battery and cause a short circuit, damage the lithium battery or even cause danger. Lithium batteries need to be stored in a ventilated and dry environment away from high temperature and fire sources to prevent high temperature and high humidity from affecting the performance of the lithium battery and corroding the surface.
2. According to the conventional design of the car, the power consumed by the engine every time the engine is started needs to be replenished after the vehicle travels for 8-10 kilometers. Nowadays, some riders are driving short distances and are still on congested road conditions, so that the electricity consumed when starting the engine cannot be fully charged back, and a lot of battery capacity will be consumed to start the engine at the next start, so the battery will start a vicious circle , Resulting in insufficient battery storage. When the storage capacity of the battery is less than 1/2 of the capacity, the battery begins to reduce its life in geometric progression.
3. Different lithium batteries have different optimal operating temperatures. Excessively high or low temperatures will affect the service life of the lithium battery. As the temperature decreases, the discharge capacity of lithium batteries will decrease. This is because as the temperature decreases, the ionic conductivity of the electrolyte decreases, causing the internal resistance of the lithium battery to increase rapidly, resulting in poor output performance of the lithium battery at low temperatures.
4. The improper working environment of the lithium battery directly affects the length of life: the charging temperature of the lithium battery is 0℃~45℃, and the discharging temperature of the lithium battery is -20℃~60℃; during the charging and discharging process of the lithium battery, do not use the lithium battery. Phenomena such as overcharging and overdischarging. Incorrect operation methods when the lithium battery is working, such as short circuit is also the reason for the decrease of the life of the lithium battery; for the charging of the lithium battery, we should use a formal matching lithium battery charger to charge the battery.
5. The influence of internal factors of lithium batteries: such as side reactions of lithium batteries; irreversible consumption of active materials in lithium batteries; for large lithium batteries, the battery has a large operating current and slow heat dissipation, which is likely to cause damage to the battery structure; additional lithium batteries Safety protection measures need to be maintained by the power provided by the lithium battery.
In theory, the battery life of new energy vehicles can reach ten years or more. At present, the life of new energy vehicles is generally only about five years, which means that the batteries of new energy vehicles can last for more than five years. After more than five years, the batteries begin to gradually decay, and the cruising range is not as good as one. Finally, they have to be scrapped and replaced. Like traditional cars, new energy vehicles should also be charged periodically when they are not used for a long time. A warm reminder: be sure to check the battery power consumption before charging.